- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), part of the NIH, has set up an online list of type 1 diabetes clinical trials that users can use to search by location or by eligibility (such as age).
- Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet is a group of studies looking at the prevention and early treatment of type 1 diabetes. This site provides information about ongoing and completed TrialNet Studies.TrialNet performs trials for newly diagnosed or at risk individuals for type 1 diabetes.
- The Immune Tolerance Network (ITN) conducts clinical trials and tolerance assay studies in the following disease areas: Transplantation (Islet, Kidney, Liver), Autoimmune Diseases, and Allergy & Asthma. Information is provided on current clinical trials in new onset type 1 diabetes.
- ClinicalTrials.gov also lists NIH-sponsored trials that have been scientifically reviewed through NIH mechanisms and approved by government council.
- Children with Diabetes lists a number of trials actively seeking participants.
- CenterWatch also includes geographic listings of current trials regarding type 1 diabetes.