This is a cool idea! Zip the Cure is a unique fundraising opportunity through JDRF for the ultimate reward: a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D) and its complications. Originally created by 17-year-old Monica Oxenreiter from Pittsburgh, PA, Zip the Cure (ZTC) allows you to “sponsor” a zip code in the U.S. for just $50. The money goes to JDRF to fund type 1 diabetes research to cure, treat, and prevent T1D.
Here’s how it works:
• To sponsor a zip code go to zipthecure.com and use the search to find your zip code. If it’s already sponsored, you can choose another one close to you, or maybe the zip code of your child’s school; where you were born, or where your grandparents or relative lives. You can sponsor any zip code anywhere you desire!
• Each zip code costs $50 to sponsor. Imagine if we sponsored all the zip codes in the United States – that would be more than $2 million to support JDRF!
• There is no limit to the number of zip codes you can sponsor.
• You can name your sponsored zip code in honor of someone, in memory of a loved one or for yourself.
• You will “own” your zip code through the end of the calendar year. On January 1st, the map resets.
Let’s try and sponsor all the zip codes in our area. For any questions please visit zipthecure.com.